Application closedBrowse similar roles
We seek an experienced Communications Officer to be a part of a Communications team within CUTS. Serves as key contact person and coordinator for assigned publication(s), and/or performs a variety of writing and/or editorial duties: plans, designs, writes text, edits and/or produces scholarly materials, journals or publications.
- Writes, drafts and/or edits, and submits for final approval: press releases, articles, newsletter submissions, news stories, features, backgrounders, profiles, book chapters, marketing/advertising materials, indices, handbooks, bulletins etc.
- Establishes production schedules for each publication with clear timelines and responsibilities at each stage of the process
- Maintains a publications calendar and a record of publications produced
- Oversees all aspects of production, often of multiple publications; copy editing, fact checking and quality assurance stages; often using desktop publishing or other publication-specific software tools
- Organises copy flow, coordinates multiple production schedules and printing deadlines
- Serves as liaison to contributors/authors and others directly involved in the published work: solicits chapters, edits submissions, conveys editorial comments and ensures deadlines are met
- Ensures permissions standards for content and image are consistent and documented; may coordinate post production activities, such as mailing, mail house arrangements, coordinating copyright registration, and permissions activities
- Hiring, briefing and liaising with copy editors, designers, printers and photographers
- Ensures that all publications comply with the relevant branding, marketing and style guidelines and that all legal requirements, including charity regulations and copyright law, are followed
- Provides guidance to the organisation on publishing, keeping abreast of new developments to ensure that publications are cost-effective and relevant
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s in Mass Communications or equivalent degree;
- 3-5 years of professional experience;
- Strong working knowledge of printing, publishing and/or graphics arts procedures and related computer software and electronic communications tools;
- Proven command of editorial, grammatical, writing skills and techniques;
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects and vendors;
- Ability to manage parallel tasks and deliver on time to meet internal and external deadlines;
- Ability to generate goodwill with working partners.
The position will be based in Jaipur. Occasional travel around India with potential for international travel to partners and conferences will be expected.
Years of Experience
3 to 5 years