Application closedBrowse similar roles
United Nations Development Programme
About the Organisation
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programmeis the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance of Chief Field Office and direct supervision of Social Policy Specialist, the UN Volunteer will provide support in evidence generation; situation/equity analysis, facilitating convergent planning and monitoring. More specifically, the UNV will:
- Support development of monitoring plans across programme outcomes and contribute in developing an overall monitoring framework and plan for the field office;
- Contribute to equity-focussed evidence generation to identify key bottlenecks that limit and enablers that promote services for the most poor and marginalized;
- Support programme clusters in research and reporting evidence based development results as strongly and accurately as possible;
- Support strengthening of government capacities, including decentralized levels of local self-governance on SDGs. Contribute to state SDS monitoring and reporting;
- Assist with innovative forms of data gathering;
- Participate in annual joint monitoring visits to assess the implementation of activities and progress towards the results and to formulate concrete recommendations to ensure the achievement of the expected results in districts of convergence;
- Support strengthen monitoring and tracking systems for expenditure on Children’s issues;
- Support creation of a data support system for local self-governance structures to aid planning, implementation and monitoring of decentralized plans;
- Provide day-to-day support to Social Policy Specialist, including in the following activities:
- Demonstrating convergent and multi-sectoral programming in convergent programming (performing low on socio-economic indicators) districts;
- Strengthening the use of vital statistics for population enumeration and generating useful analysis to feed into planning and monitoring of key child wellbeing indicators.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNVpublications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master degree or equivalent
- The incumbent must be dynamic, multi-functional person, who supports UNICEF India with professionalism, dedication and client orientation. The following qualifications are required:
- Master’s degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Demography, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of computer standard applications (Word. Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint)
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (STATA, SPSS)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English required
For more information, please visit LINK.
Years of Experience
2 year(s) experience