Application closedBrowse similar roles
About the Organisation
Bhumi is one of India’s largest independent youth volunteer non-profit organisations. Bhumi as a platform will enable over 12,000 volunteers in more than 14 cities across India for causes like education, environment, animals and community welfare.
Roles & Responsibilities of Facilitator:
- Enhance student learning by supporting instructional effectiveness through facilitation
- Collaborate with schools’ teachers
- Build and manage relationships with school management
- Conduct the needs assessment at the beginning of the year, and presenting the inferences to the stakeholders
- Facilitate program inductions with the teachers and HMs
- Create a strategic plan of support, aligned to programme goals and school’s needs that enables all teachers to create a learning environment that actively encourages individual development
- Plan and execute effective peer-driven Learning Circles, technical support such as grade level circles and training sessions
- Build a culture that is focused on personal transformation, collective action and educational equity with the child and their community at the center
- Interface between other stakeholders for data and reporting
- Ensure smooth functioning and implementation of programme activities at the school along with the expected outputs
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:
- Graduation / Post-Graduation with B Ed – Preferably 1-2 years of experience in relevant field
- Good English speaking & writing skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Love for learning (a lifelong learning)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and supervision Skills
- Good orientation of MS Office
- Good understanding of the pedagogical aspects involved in teaching children. Good people engagement, networking and listening skills
- Ability to drive outcome-oriented plans through the team’s collective effort
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Emotional maturity to build relationships, empathize with the perspectives/needs of team members and develop others
- Highly resourceful team-player, who is also self-driven.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Train students in Learning, Reading, Speaking & Writing for language
- Written, oral & practical for Science (Classes 6 to 12) & Maths (Classes 3 to 12)
- Conduct Baseline & year-end assessments (in written, oral & practical format) in Science (classes 6 to 12) & Maths (Classes 3 to 12) and collate the data and share it with the programme manager
- Liaison with School Administration, HM’s for continuous allocation of classes as planned.
- Identify average students and provide special attention for their learning improvement
- Identify meritorious students and ensure they continue education beyond Class 10
- Identify local teachers to train them in the activities of the program, to continue the program post intervention.
- All field visits of Bhumi staff should be coordinated
- Attend and share the experience in regular weekly/monthly/quarterly meetings.
- Work with Subject teachers for clarification of doubts raised by students
- Remuneration: 1,50,000 p.a. – 1,80,000 p.a., based on the candidate
- Expected Joining Date: Immediate
- Minimum commitment: Two years
Years of Experience