Application closedBrowse similar roles
About the Organisation
Magic Bus works with India's poorest communities and children using an award-winning activity-based curriculum culminating in a Livelihoods programme. Our activity-based curriculum works over the long term to impact individual behaviour around gender equity, education, and life skills and builds up towards future that is productive and dignified. We work with support structures: parents, the community at large and local institutions to ensure results in the social, emotional and economic well-being of all young people living in that area. Our approach mobilises the entire ecosystem available to the child or youth to create transformational change in their lives.
- Effective delivery of Holistic Development Module with adolescents studying in standard 6th- 8th in the selected schools during school hours
- Effective delivery of Work Readiness Module in the community with children studying in standard 9th & 10th
- Coordinate and schedule sessions in consultation with the school authorities as per project proposal
- Engage with school teachers and headmasters and regularly update them on the project progress in the school
- Ensure smooth coordination and communication with regards to the co-scholastic component of the project with the school authorities
- Supervise and provide support to the community coordinators in delivery of Community Connect tool-kit aimed at developing a supportive ecosystem (Parents, SMC Members, Community at large) for the adolescent in the community
- Support the school authorities in strengthening the SMCs and enabling them to take a proactive part in the school governance
- Participate in the capacity building programs as per the project design
- Provide constant feedback/learning on the basis of implemented curriculum to help refine the curriculum
- Maintain MIS records as per the prescribed formats
- Document and provide timely and quality updates and reports to key stakeholders regularly
- Support and facilitate data collection for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Keep oneself updated on all the developments in safety rules and regulation, child rights and protection, and ensuring its integration in programmes
- Ensure effective communication and reporting upwards and down the line of all matters related to the efficiency and effectiveness of the programme
- Capacity building of community coordinators from time to time
- Facilitate/organize/participate in events, visits as required
- Graduation in any stream ( MSW/ BSW is preferable)
- Past professional experience
- About 2 years of experience in social sector/ community program or similar field of education and teaching shall be preferable.
- Basic communication skills (written and oral) in English
- Good facilitation skills
- Should be open to field visits both within and outside the city
- Well versed in local language
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team; and with all levels of staff, volunteers and within the school authorizes.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Outgoing and convincing
- Ability to learn about, commit to, and educate others on program mission and goals.
BHOPAL, MADHYA PRADESH
Years of Experience