Application closedBrowse similar roles
About the Organisation
SELCO Foundation was founded in 2010 as an open source, not for profit, public charitable trust. It is a collaborative that strives to inspire and support champions of sustainability across the world. We implement social, financial and technical innovations. We leverage impact through partnerships.We transparently share failures, successes, challenges and learnings.We encourage risk taking & learning to propel us to progress.
The ideal candidate should have strong analytical and communication skills. He/she must be able to lead projects and work in teams, while being able to collaborate with partners and key stakeholders (communities and other ground level organizations). The projects require an approach which challenges the set paradigms and come up with end to end solutions- employing resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring and troubleshooting project problems. Always analyzing a problem from a larger perspective, we seek individuals who are able to work very hands-on on the site while also being able to extract key learnings for the sector as a whole. The candidate will play a key role in contributing to the growth of the Basic Energy Access vertical in the organization.
- Bachelors or Masters in Planning/ Environment/ Renewable Energy /Development or related subject areas.
- 5 or more years of work experience in development sector preferable.
- Highly motivated, responsible, self-directed, resourceful and flexible; Ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to work with other team members; strong engagement, leadership, operational and coordination skills.
- Interest in Energy Access sector to engage across a range of issues and stakeholders.
- Good Communication skills and ability to bring information together in easily readable forms for wide range of audiences.
- Willingness to travel to rural locations for 10 to 15 days on a monthly basis.
- Strong working knowledge of English; additionally, spoken knowledge of Hindi and Kannada useful.
New & Renewable Energy
Years of Experience
5 or more years