Application closedBrowse similar roles
Will be responsible for designing and implementing high quality software solutions in the field of education. FSE should be able to define and develop tools, products and solutions for CSSL.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the design of IT applications. Define, drive and deliver on time with quality through all stages of SDLC.
- Should be able to analyse feature requirements and lead the technical activities for the feature design and development in addition to individual contribution.
- Should be able to analyse client issues and provide resolution/workaround.
- Lead and participate in Design Reviews and Code Inspections.
- Should have good communication skills to work with cross-functional teams.
- In-house tools and systems for increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Lead implementation of solutions that will improve the current product performance, quality, processes and standards.
- Researching and understanding the Science of Learning, participate in subject based research projects, by reading pedagogy related research work and analysing student response data.
- B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)/ Electrical Engineering or comparable degree from IITs/NITs/IIITs/BITS or any other Tier 1/II institute. Strong foundation in computer science or equivalent experience is a must.
- More than three years of hands-on experience in software development
- Experience in in web based technologies like Python, PHP, MySql, Java Script, CSS, HTML 5,MongoDB, iOS/Android developments etc.
- Exceptional analytical and technical skills
- Experience in Web, Cloud concepts and architectures.
- Penchant for algorithms and mathematics.
- Excellent English written and oral communications is a must.
- Focused on team success. Works well in a team environment. Assists other team members in all areas.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Provides technical advice to other departments within the organization.
- Mentors and guides technical team members.
- Understanding of the Indian education system
- Knowledge of System administration tools:
o Basic shell scripting
o Cloud computing: AWS, Rackspace, Google Cloud, etc.
o Background processing: Gearman, Redis
o Search: Elasticsearch, Sphinx, Solr
o Caching: Varnish, Memcached, APC / OpCache
o Monitoring: Nagios
- Knowledge of Web development tools:
o Version control: Git, Mercurial, SVN
o Virtualisation: VirtualBox, Vagrant, Docker
- Experience in Back-end tech
o Web servers: Apache, Nginx
o Programming language: Python/PHP/NodeJS/AngularJS, Ruby
o Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, SQL / JSON