Application closedBrowse similar roles
National Coalition of People Living with HIV in India (NCPI+)
NCPI + is a national body of People Living with HIV (PLHIV), affected individuals and organisations with the vast range of experience and expertise from grass root to policy level. NCPI+ is based on the principle that, this long experience and expertise must contribute constructively and meaningfully in the policy and programme decisions to bring positive change in country. NCPI+ works with the aim to increase active, transparent and constructive participation of PLHIV and health activist to strengthen care, support and treatment response of the country and improve the quality of life of individuals and families to control HIV.
NCPI+ aims to build on existing structure of PLHIV network at state and district level. It will collate experience of long time community leaders and invest in a cadre building of second and third line leaders and educators. Create more equitable, accountable, inclusive and responsive advocacy platform with particular attention to needs of women, youth/adolescents, sex workers, people who use drugs, MSM and Transgender/Hijras.
- An improved quality of life of people living with HIV and an increased active participation in society.
- To improve the quality of life and provide a sense of belonging to people living with HIV and their families for full active participation in society, and reduce further HIV transmission.
Job Description: SU/SR seeks field coordinator for a proposed Svetana Project supported by GFATM and Principle recipient is Solidarity and Action Against The HIV Infection in India (SAATHII) is a 39-month initiative in Public and Private sector programs for Prevention of Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT). Project Svetana will be implemented in 361 districts across twenty states and union territories, in coordination with National AIDS Control Organization(NACO) and respective state AIDS Control Societies(SACS).
The position requires program implementation experience and technical knowledge on HIV/ AIDS and PPTCT, with a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant working experience. The key responsibilities of the officers are to help public and private hospitals plan and implement ICTC/PPTCT programming in assigned districts and provide technical support to the facilities.
Location: The selected candidate to be based in below mention district/s of following state and responsible for implementation of program in allotted districts of the states
State Responsible Districts Punjab Amritsar Barnala & Mansa Bathinda Faridkot & Moga Fatehgarh Sahib Fazilka & Muktsar Gurdaspur Hoshiarpur Jalandhar Kapurthala Ludhiana Nawanshahr Pathankot Patiala Rupnagar & SAS Nagar (Mohali) Sangrur Firozpur & Tarn Taran Jammu Kashmir Anantanag & Kulgam Badgam Baramula & Kupwara Doda & Kishtawar Jammu Kargil Kathua Leh (Ladakh) Poonch Pulwama & Shopian Rajouri Ramban & Reasi Samba Srinagar Udhampur Bandipora & Ganderbal Himachal Pradesh Bilaspur Chamba Hamirpur Kangra Kinnaur Kullu & Lahul Spiti Mandi Shimla Sirmaur & Solan Una Chandigarh Chandigarh
Roles and responsibilities:
- FCs to provide quality counselling to the ANCs require counselling services at the facility and outreach.
- Day to day contact with frontline line health workers for referral of pregnant women for HIV Testing
- Referral of HIV positive pregnant women for linking for initiating on ART
- Coordination with PLHIV network and HIV positive pregnant women for ensuring Care and support for the mother and the infant including viral test for the HIV exposed infants
- Coordination with other HIV project functionaries in the district
- Home visits as per need of the beneficiaries (FC will make home visits to HIV positive pregnant women along with VHN/ANM/ASHA)
- Liaise with community leaders, local clubs and other organizations to enhance their involvement in the Program
- Conduct BCC sessions with pregnant women and their partners (One-to one and one to group)
- To coordinate with peripheral health workers to improve PPTCT services at Sub centre and below
- Participate and support in mid-media activities
- To reach out to community and family members with PPTCT messages
- Provide information to family members and partners of HIV positive pregnant women on PPTCT and ensure spouse testing
- Develop weekly and monthly work plans, including details of activities such as outreach, home visits, follow up, advocacy events, visit to PHCs and interact with frontline health workers, facilitating and participation in Group meetings of pregnant women
- Document outreach activities and other works undertaken in prescribed MIS tools and submit to the District Supervisor once in a week
- Reports and documents to be maintained by Field coordinator (a daily/weekly/monthly basis and need based)
- Any need based activity requested by the supervisor/ organization
Qualification and Skills:
- 8th standard or 10th standard Passed with relevant experience in outreach activities or similar health programs at district / block level.
- Experience in working on HIV/AIDS and/or TB programs with knowledge on the technical areas of HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment services
- Experience in training and coordination with front line health workers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in local regional language.
- Belong to the same district / or adjacent districts where the positions are coming up or where the FC will be placed.
- Willing to travel around 20 days in a month, 1-3 districts in a month.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and regional language
- Proficient in use of computers and internet applications
- Counselling and mentorship skills
- Analytical and documentation skills
- Should be based at the districts allotted, for work in the respective zones
- Willing to travel extensively (15-20 days in a month) in districts
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meeting timelines
- Accepts and ensures rigor in program implementation
- Ability to work with large network of health care facilities from the government, private and non-governmental sectors
Remunaration: 8000 per month