The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) is organizing a Youth Forum. The 2018 UNCTAD Youth Forum will primarily focus on topics that relate to youth empowerment through entrepreneurship, with particular emphasis on investing in digital youth, involving youth at the negotiation table, outlining the vision of millennials and how youth can think globally and act locally.
The Forum will gather around 250 youth from around the world, between the ages of 18 and 30 who are passionate about trade and development issues, and in exchanging local and global focused experiences, ideas and best practices. The Forum will provide a platform for the perspective of youth to be presented in the wider debate throughout the week. This will be through workshops, TED-style plenary sessions, breakout sessions and networking events. UNCTAD Youth Forum participants will also be able to attend public sessions of the World Investment Forum.
The 2018 Youth Forum will take place at the Headquarters of UNCTAD, at the Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland as part of the UNCTAD 2018 World Investment Forum from 22 to 26 October 2018.
The 2018 theme is Youth Entrepreneurship: A Force Towards Inclusive and Sustainable Growth.
- exchange views and experiences and strengthen a network of future leaders from different places in the world ;
- have an interactive dialogue with global players involved in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals where youth can raise awareness on issues they consider of major concern and that they want to see included in the international agenda ;
- learn more about UNCTAD’s work and projects with youth and have a discussion on how to get youth further involved.
Participants in the Forum will be pre-selected based on the following criteria:
- Be between the age of 18 and 30
- Able to speak in and understand English
- Have a valid passport (for applicants outside of Switzerland)
- Have experience (from their studies or work) in the areas of UNCTAD’s work/focus.
- Evidence of projects related to trade and development (academic and professional) will be considered as experience in the field. Participants will then be invited to describe their experience in their video and/or letter of motivation
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.