The Kectil Program is inviting highly talented youth in developing countries who have the potential to make a positive difference in their communities and countries.
The title “Kectil” refers to the “Knowles Educational and Charitable Trust for International Leadership”. The goal of this program is to nurture, network, and mentor youth in developing countries who have the potential to be leaders and make a positive difference in their communities, countries….. and maybe even the world!
- Web-Based Mentoring Program: Monthly Kectil Talks with Leaders in Science, Business, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Public Service
- Assignments & Sharing: Connect with other students on social media (Facebook & Twitter) with facilitated web-based group discussions
- Youth Leadership Conference: Intensive Leadership Training, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Workshop, Meetings with Successful Leaders, and Creation of Network of Youth Peers in Developing Countries
- Alumni Web-Portal: Maintenance of Network of Youth Peers in Developing Countries, Interaction with New Youth Participants, Availability of Mentorship from Program
- The Kectil Program will select fifteen of the most active participants in the Web-based Program to be given a special award.
- These participants will have attended all of the Sessions and completed the online pre and post assignments.
- First, the selectees will be given a personal introduction to a leadership mentor in a developed country in the participant’s general area of interest. Second, the name of each selectee will also highlighted on the Kectil Website as an honor for their leading participation.
- Youth (aged 17-26) in least developed and developing countries who have demonstrated a talent and passion for leadership, scholarship or innovation, are proficient in English and have access to a computer and the internet.
For more information, please visit Kectil Program.