Applications are open for World Conference of Science Journalists 2019 that is an important opportunity for journalists covering science to come together as a community of professionals sharing many values and goals, despite the great diversity of their profession – and of course to build and sustain this community.
The next edition of the World Conference of Science Journalists will take place from 1 to 4 July 2019 in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Science journalists face many challenges:
- garnering attention for their stories from editors and audiences; mastering complex tools, both conceptual and practical;
- Seeking elusive truths from sources promoting their own agendas. To rise to these challenges, they need to learn from each other. In Lausanne, they want to enable journalists to share and discuss experiences, best practice, and smart ideas, so that profession becomes stronger.
- Anyone with an interest in improving the quality of science journalism can submit a proposal, either in English or French, as the conference will have a small French-speaking track of one or two sessions per day.
- A typical session lasts 70 minutes and can take a variety of formats according to its content.
- Please bear in mind that proposing a session means agreeing to be the session “producer”, and therefore volunteering their time and energy to organize it. A producer can also act as moderator or speaker but this is not necessary.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more Information, please visit World Conference of Science Journalists.