The Zayed Sustainability Prize is a tribute to the legacy of the late founding father of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – a visionary champion of environmental stewardship and global sustainability. Submit your entry today and join a growing community of innovators who are expanding the possibilities for a sustainable future.
In a move to align more closely with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the UAE’s developing national agenda, the Prize now has five distinct categories for applicants to choose from: Health, Food, Energy, Water and Global High Schools. These pillars are interconnected and representative of basic needs essential to human survival where innovations will yield progress in sustainable development.
The Zayed Sustainability Prize will see a three-stage evaluation process, beginning with the due diligence that is conducted by a reputed international research and analysis consultancy. Following this, the shortlisted entries will undergo evaluations by a Selection Committee to determine the finalists. From these finalists, a Jury will select the winners in all five categories, including the winning schools from six world regions.
The deliberations on who wins the Zayed Sustainability Prize are set against three core criteria where entrants must demonstrate:
- Impact: Significant and tangible outcomes on the quality of people’s lives
- Innovation: Distinctive characteristics to change the “status quo” and potential to catalyse opportunities that will have a disruptive positive impact and transformative change
- Inspiration: The potential to scale up project outcomes in the next decade and the ability to inspire others
- The Zayed Sustainability Prize is open to all entrants other than:
- Board members and employees of Masdar; and
- Anyone who has been involved in organising, promoting or judging the Prize.
- Masdar, the Selection Committee and the Jury reserve the right and have full discretion to reject or not select any submission for any reason that may, in the sole opinion of the Selection Committee, the Jury or Masdar, damage the reputation of the Prize, the UAE, Abu Dhabi or Masdar, or bring the Prize, the UAE, Abu Dhabi or Masdar into disrepute. The decision of the Selection Committee, the Jury or Masdar shall be final and no follow up correspondence shall be replied to.
Winners of the Zayed Sustainability Prize will be announced at the awards ceremony during the opening of the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week, on 14thJanuary 2019.
For more information , please visit www.zayedsustainabilityprize.com.