Social Alpha and Tata Trusts-PATH Impact Lab is launching India’s first and most ambitious nationwide search for innovators and entrepreneurs in the healthcare sector. The Social Alpha Quest for Healthcare aims to foster innovation and entrepreneurship to solve key healthcare challenges, eliminate disparities and achieve health equity in India. The program will primarily focus on adoption and scaling of innovative products in order to accelerate development, positively impact public health outcomes and achieve global product standards. This will be achieved through funding to conduct clinical validation studies along with intensive mentoring support in business models, regulation, global technologies and market dynamics. The selected startups will be supported by Tata Trusts-PATH Impact Lab and their network of mentors for a period of up to 15 months.
- Innovations in maternal and child health including and not restricted to areas such as sepsis, maternal diabetes & hypertension
- Innovations in chronic and non-communicable diseases such as point-of-care detection of diabetes, neuropathies, retinopathies, cardio-vascular diseases, head & neck cancer, cervical cancer and other cancers causing disease burden
- Innovations in detection and diagnosis of infectious diseases such as malaria, HIV, TB, chikungunya, HCV, and drug resistance.
Who Can Apply :
- Startups in need of support for clinical testing, capital for clinical validation, product testing, mentoring and any other strategic support
- Innovations related to Point -of -Care devices & diagnostics in areas of infectious and noncommunicable diseases
- Products that have crossed Proof-of-Concept
- Funding up to INR 25 lakhs for clinical validation.
- Mentorship support in refining business model, navigating regulatory landscape, understanding national & global market dynamics.
- Support in product design through access to Social Alpha and Tata Trusts – PATH Impact Lab’s product shop.
- Access to PATH’s expertise in design and clinical validation and facilitate access to PHCs/hospitals.
- A 2-3-day Barrel for the founder(s) of selected startups intensively focused on business strategy and growth.
- Facilitating engineering and technical support.
- Additional grant up to INR 25 lakhs for DFMA and achieving international product standards.
- Opportunities for global exposure visits for advanced training, networking, research support etc.
- Opportunity for dilutive investments by Social Alpha and eligibility to receive support in raising the next round of funding post meeting eligibility and diligence requirements.
For more information, please visit http://socialalphachallenge.org/.