PaperSeed Foundation Eligibility Criteria And Selection Guidelines:
The PaperSeed Foundation will select grantee and project partners based on their demonstrated ability to run sustainable initiatives and projects that improve educational opportunities for children and young people in underserved communities.
Potential grantee and project partners must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to be considered for our support.
- Emerging community-based organizations with an annual budget of less than $250,000 USD. Though we occasionally fund larger organizations, we prefer to support organizations that have not previously received substantial international support with catalyst grant funds and generally fund organizations with an annual budget below $150,000 USD.
- Run by local leaders who live and work in the community. We give preference to leaders who were born and raised in the communities they are seeking to transform.
- Involved in directly providing services to children and young people that strengthen education.
- Legally established organization or school in country of operation (or reasonable explanation why registration has not been possible).
- Sustainable, long-lasting initiatives or projects that will create lasting impact after PaperSeed ceases to be directly involved.
- Management Structure with established systems and processes that ensure responsible management of accounting and reporting.
PaperSeed will consider the following guidelines when evaluating potential grantee and project partners.
- A Holistic Approach to children’s education and development that empowers children and young people to reach their full potential.
- Innovation and creativity in solution-driven approaches that are effective in strengthening educational opportunities and achievement.
- Community involvement and investment in the organization achieving their mission.
- Focus on sustainability to ensure the long-term success of sustainable initiatives and projects with proven benefit.
- Dynamic leadership and strong governance of the organization with the ability to inspire others with their vision.
We do not accept unsolicited proposals. We are currently seeking partners in China, Guatemala, India, Kenya, Nicaragua, the Philippines and select communities in the United States; organizations that are confident they meet our criteria are welcome to submit a letter of inquiry. If your organization is a deemed a good match for PaperSeed, we will invite you to submit a full proposal.
For more information visit the Link