Applicants are invited to submit concept notes for P4G Partnership Fund, whose purpose is to support innovative public-private sector partnerships that address global sustainable development needs.
The P4G Partnership Fund will contribute to overcoming barriers related to accessing finance by providing catalytic funding necessary to inspire the replication of more public-private sector partnerships.
Type of Partnerships
- The P4G Partnership Fund is open to partnerships at start-up and scaling phases that consist of both commercial and non-commercial partners (public sector bodies, civil society, business member organisations, trade unions or others that operate on a non-profit basis).
- Start-up. Promising early stage partnerships (emerging partnerships) that need support to consolidate the partnership or test the feasibility of innovative approaches.
- Scale-up. Partnerships that are already engaged in promising business-driven green growth innovations but need support to scale up and accelerate their impact.
- Partnerships will be focused on, but not limited to, one or more of five areas:
- Partnerships applying to the P4G Partnership Fund will have one or more of these characteristics:
- They build business alliances with communities and government.
- They rely on joint financing and innovative platforms.
- They develop agreed common standards for sustainable data and reporting.
- They help develop access to capital markets through coalitions.
- They offer concrete, bankable solutions that are ready for large-scale investment.
Partnerships will be limited to a maximum funding amount based on whether they are at the startup or scale-up phase.
- Start-up. Funding up to USD 100,000. The funding amount should represent a maximum of 75 percent of the current partnership’s budget.
- Scale-up. Funding up to USD1 million. The funding amount should represent a maximum of 50 percent of the current partnership’s budget.
- To be eligible, the intended outcomes of the partnership should be for the benefit of a country that is within the OECD-DAC list (mentioned below).
- If the partnership activities are multi-country, regional or international (including in non-OECD-DAC countries) then the eligibility of the partnerships will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
In general, each call for proposals follows a two-stage process:
- At the first stage (concept note), partnerships will complete an online application form via given website outlining the partnership composition, purpose, and scope. P4G will review and assess all concept notes and invite those that best match the criteria to prepare a detailed proposal.
- At the second stage, partnerships will develop and submit their detailed proposal.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameron, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Chinese Taipei, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, European Union, Faeroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Guyana, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao (china), Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian Administered Areas, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Serbia and Montenegro, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Virgin Islands (UK), Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia. Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit P4G Partnership Fund.