Nominations are open for MIDORI Prize for Biodiversity 2018 that is a unique international prize dedicated to biodiversity. It honors people who have made outstanding contributions to the objective of the Convention on Biological Diversity and aims to inspires others.
The MIDORI Prize for Biodiversity is an international biennial prize co-organised by the AEON EnvironmentFoundation and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
The prize aims to raise public awareness about the importance of biodiversity and to contribute to the objective of the United Nations Decade on Biodiversity 2011-2020. It encourages positive action for biodiversity and inspire others by showcasing the notable work of those whom it honors.
The MIDORI Prize honors three individuals who have made outstanding contributions to conservation and sustainable use at local and global levels, and who have influenced and strengthened various biodiversity-related efforts, as well as raised awareness about biodiversity.
Each winner is awarded a wooden plaque, a commemorative gift and a monetary prize of 100,000 US dollars to support their work in safeguarding biodiversity.
- The engagement of and collaboration between all stakeholders, including individuals citizens, governments, internationals organization, non-governmental organizations, researchers and the private sectors are essential to safeguard the Earth’s biodiversity.
- Recognizing this, the MIDORI Prize is open to everyone contributing to conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity in the field of practical action, science, policy or public awareness
- Candidates must satisfy at least one of the following requirements:
- Achievement: have made outstanding achievement that greatly contribute to biodiversity
- Potential: have the ability to influence future activities related to biodiversity
- Impact: have conducted work which has impact on various activities for biodiversity around the world
- Accomplishment will be assesses on its:
- International contribution
- Contribution to conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity
- social contribution
- long-term perspective and continuity
- Openness for civil society
- Civic mindedness and breadth of perspective
- Efficacy and influence
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit MIDORI Prize for Biodiversity 2018.