The Internet for Development Grants for Gender Empowerment & Innovation will be allocated to projects/organizations working to achieve gender equality on the Internet.
Innovation and a development focus must be an integral part of the project proposal. Proposals must include an implementation component, a realistic timeframe and a detailed budget breakdown.
USD 53,000 is available, as follows:
- USD 30,000 scale-up grant for one existing project looking to expand,
- USD 23,000 small grants for one new project.
Proposals must be focused on one or more of the following areas:
- Building advanced digital skills among women and girls (coding, network management and security, IPv6, big data, sensors, IoT, devices, machine learning, cloud computing);
- Supporting women to get involved in network infrastructure deployment to expand Internet access and adoption;
- Encouraging the participation of women in digital markets to support women’s economic empowerment as well as capacity building initiatives that support employment paths in the Internet industry;
- Promoting the safe use of the Internet for women and girls
- Defending women and girls rights online.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their proposals online via given website.
For more information, please visit I4D Grant for Gender Empowerment & Innovation Grants.
|Applications open||25 February|
|Applications close||30 April|
|Due diligence review and contracts||July|
|Announcement of successful application/s||August|