The Internet for Development Grants for Community Networks will be allocated to projects/organizationsworking to achieve affordable, locally owned and managed communication infrastructure, deploying creative low-cost solutions that use wireless technologies, GSM and/or fibre connections.
USD 53,000 is available, as follows:
- USD 30,000 scale-up grants for one existing project looking to expand,
- USD 23,000 small grant for one new project.
Proposals must be focused on one or more of the following areas:
- Technical innovation around devices and network management;
- Creative organizational/partnership arrangement(s) and incentives for established ISPs and mobile operators to support local access networks and expand connectivity to underserved areas;
- Innovative business models that support social and economic development, inclusion and diversity;
- Enabling regulatory frameworks that support access provision under a locally owned and managed infrastructure.
- Project proposals and award nominations from Asia Pacific-based organizations will be considered.
- Applications from public, private sector, academia (such as universities or research and development institutions), non-profit and social enterprises are welcome to all categories.
- ISIF Asia will ONLY support initiatives managed by organizations based in the Asia Pacific region, with funds allocated to be invested within the Asia Pacific region, as described in the list of economies (mentioned below). ISIF Asia will consider regional diversity and balance when making final decisions.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their proposals online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, British English Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam, Bhutan, Cambodia, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, China, Dem. People’s Republic of Korea, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Guam, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos People’s Dem. Republic, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Wallis and Futuna Islands.
For more information, please visit Internet for Development Grants.