The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation is currently inviting applications for its Inlaks Research Travel Grants 2018 with an aim to support innovative work in research and scholarship.
The ‘Inlaks Research Travel Grant’ is geared to assist registered PhD. students of Indian universities to undertake short-term visits to universities abroad to collect material, use facilities and consult experts.
The Grant is available for Humanities and Social Sciences Subjects.
The ‘Inlaks Research Travel Grant’ offers financial support for a maximum of 3 months at a university/institution/library abroad. The grant will cover:
- Reasonable air fare
- Maintenance expenses at a modest rate
- Funds for buying material and books, and making copies of relevant literature.
The applicants must
- hold confirmed PhD registration for at least two years but for not more than four years.
- have a first class degree at either Bachelor’s (Honours) or Master’s level, preferably both.
- be under 35 years of age on 31 December in the year of applying.
- be an Indian citizen, currently resident in India.
The candidates will be expected to go through a two-tier selection procedure.
- First round short-listing on the basis of the written record submitted by the candidate.
- Second and final round: Personal interview of the short-listed candidates.
Note: The candidates short-listed for the interview will be informed by November 2018. The final interviews will be held either November or December 2018.
Eligible Country: India
For more information, please visit Inlaks Research Travel Grants.