Under the Programme of Cooperation in the fields of Science and Technology for the years 2018-20, the Indian Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and the Ministry of Science & Technology of the Kingdom of Thailand, invite Indian and Thai universities, research centres and institutes to submit joint proposals for scientific and technological research and development projects.
Proposals will be evaluated independently by the Department of Science and Technology in India and Office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Science and Technology in Thailand using their own procedures. Decision towards funding will be mutually agreed based on the gradings (on 1 to 10 scale) received on the two sides. Coordinators are likely to be informed in October / November 2018 about evaluation results.
The jointly approved projects are likely to be started in December 2018. The duration of the projects should be up to three years.
- Financial support for the approved projects is usually provided for exchange visits of project team members.
- Minor support towards consumables and contingency could be considered, if details of item proposed and proper justification have been given.
- Two visits up to 4 person months every year from each side may be supported.
- In the exchange of project researchers, the sending party covers the costs of international travel up to the relevant entry city of the receiving side as well as the medical insurance and the receiving party meets the living costs according to internal regulations in force in India and Thailand.
- For the Indian side, DST will financially support the project.
- On the Thai side, the implementing agency will be responsible for the cost and the Ministry of Science and Technology will be the coordinating agency for the joint call.
Priority Research Areas
- Human Health sciences
- Renewable Energy covering solar cells and PV reliability
- Photonics covering elastomeric optics and optical devices
- Geospatial Technologies covering creation of GIS of towns in Thailand for urban development
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- The proposals should involve one or preferably more research entities from both sides.
- The joint application must include one Indian and one Thai Principal Investigators, who would be responsible for technical as well as administrative coordination of the project and its periodic scientific and financial reporting to the DST/Office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Science and Technology respectively.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.