GCE-India is an initiative to encourage and nurture innovation in areas that impact global health. This is the fourth call for proposals with the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation as funding partners, IKP Knowledge Park, as an implementation partner, and the Program Management Unit at BIRAC as the management partner.
The initiative is looking for life changing ideas from talented and motivated professionals, and aim to encourage entrepreneurship in India. The ultimate goal is the quest for new medical technology devices, drug delivery systems, diagnostics, and technology enabled service models that can potentially be made available to people from all socio-economic strata.
- If selected, applicant will be eligible for an award of INR 50 Lakh for 18 months, and a prize of INR 10 Lakh for successful completion of milestones.
- Successful projects will also have the opportunity to apply for a followon funds from BIRAC through the BIPP, SBIRI and/or the GCE Phase II program of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, BIRAC and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- This Call for Proposals is open to anyone from any discipline from India – from researchers and faculty in colleges/ universities/government laboratories/ institutions to startups and SMEs as well as non-profit organizations.
- Indian Nationals can apply.
- Indian companies applying for the award should have registration under Companies Act 1956, and must have 51% equity or shareholding by Indian Nationals only including NRIs.
- More than 49 % investments by OCI/PIO or any foreign entities will lead to ineligibility.
- NGOs/ Foundations/Not-for-Profit Organizations/ Community bodies involved in social innovation or S&T activities must have active participation in India.
- They need to submit an illustration of their active programs in the country as well as their accomplishment when requested.
- The statutory recognition through Society Act or SIRO will add credentials when provided.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: India
For further information, please visit BIRAC.