Europeana is seeking proposals for its Research Grants Programme.
The Europeana transform the world with culture. They build on Europe’s rich cultural heritage and make it easier for people to use for work, learning or pleasure. Europeana work contributes to an open, knowledgeable and creative society.
Theme: “The First World War”.
- The Research Grants Programme manages the total amount of 25,000 Euros per year.
- It funds up to three projects, depending on the quality of the applications, with 8,000 Euros on average per project.
- This amount cannot be increased and will be transferred to the host institution’s bank account.
- The Research Grants Programme is intended for early career scholars of all nationalities and in any field of the Humanities. They must have a particular interest in cultural heritage and take a digital humanities approach.
- Applicants must hold a PhD, with no more than 7 years of experience after the completion of their PhD. With duly justified exceptions, their projects must be hosted by institutions, i.e. a university, a research centre, a library lab or a museum, working in one of the European Union member states.
- The eligible projects must:
- Focus on the First World War theme.
- Use openly licensed Europeana content, including but not limited to the Europeana 1914-1918 Collection.
- Apply digital tools and digital humanities methods to address their specific research topic.
- Important: Projects based at institutions that are Europeana DSI-4 project partners are NOT eligible for this call.
For more information, please visit Europeana.