Less than 50% of people live in fully functioning democracies. Following more than a decade of declining global freedom, the rights of minorities, the rule of law, freedom of the press and free and fair elections are all under threat.
We have the opportunity to help shape a paradigm shift enabling truly transparent and accountable governance in an era where we are at risk of more elections but ever decreasing democracy.
Our first award will focus on how technology can be used to counter this threat by:
- increasing access to justice
- strengthening civil society
- empowering citizen journalists OR
- equipping future human rights activists and technologists to build and participate in more robust democracies.
How it works
In addition to the £10,000 the successful applicant will be able to access extensive technical support, potentially making significant savings on tech development costs. The successful team will do an initial diagnostics session with tech and project management experts to identify specific support needs. Depending on their needs we will offer the following:
Access to dedicated technical expertise including, where needed, assistance with user research, open source, agile project management, design and content development
Tech for Good advice, ongoing project management support and mentorship
Continued support to ensure sustainability and scalability
The successful project will demonstrate:
- A sound understanding of the challenge they are seeking to address
- A clear vision of why and how tech is the best tool to address these needs
- A passionate team with the skills to deliver!
For more information, please visit the Link.