Cognitive Science Research Initiative (CSRI) is a unique program of Department of Science and Technology (DST) which is aimed to revolutionize research in various fields such as, a) Nature and origin of mental disorders of psychological, social and neuro-chemical origin b) Design of better learning tools and educational paradigms; and c) Design of better cognition based software technologies and devices, among others.
Cognitive Science research includes emotions, language, memory, visual perception and cognition, thinking & reasoning, social cognition, decision making, artificial intelligence, computational modeling of cognitive processes, psychology, cognitive development and other important components derived from work in neurosciences, philosophy, linguistics, anthropology, etc.
- Applicants holding a Ph.D Degree in Science, Engineering and allied areas of Cognitive Science are eligible for CSRI-PDF.
- Those who have submitted Ph.D thesis are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants having permanent position are not eligible.
Age: 40 years maximum.
Project duration: The fellowship is tenable for two (2) years.
Fellowship: Fellowship of Rs. 55,000/- per month and research contingency grant of Rs. 2.00 lakh per year.
How to Apply :
- Proposals may be submitted at e-PMS (onlinedst.gov.in) under KIRAN Division in prescribed format .
- Two (2) hardcopies of uploaded research proposal or PDF applications should also be sent to Dr. Vandana Singh, Officer-in-charge, Department of Science and Technology, Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016 by Speed Post. The envelope should be superscribed with “Cognitive Science Research Initiative (CSRI)” or “CSRI-PDF” as the case may be.
For more information, please visit Link.