The governments of the United States of America (through the Department of State) and India (through the Department of Science & Technology) have jointly announced a call for proposals for United States-India Science & Technology Endowment Fund (USISTEF) for the promotion of joint activities that would lead to innovation and technopreneurship through the application of science and technology.
The fund aims to select and financially support promising joint U.S.-India entrepreneurial initiatives that address the theme of “Commercializing Technologies for Societal Impact” through a competitive grant program.
- Healthy Individual
- Biomedical devices & diagnostics
- Food and nutrition products
- Preventive & curative measures to improve health
- Empowering Citizens
- Financial inclusion
- Information and communication technology
Grants size up to INR 2.50 Crores or approx USD 400,000.
- Proposals must include a minimum of one partner from each country
- Bi-national teams of entrepreneurs and innovators with:
- Innovative product or technology beyond the idea stage
- High societal impact
- Significant potential to commercialize within 2-3 years
- The bi-national teams can include:
- Incorporated companies including start-ups
- Non-incorporated entities
- Individuals or consortia from academia, government laboratories, non-government R&D institutions
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit USISTEF Call for Proposals.