Call For Proposals To “Scale Up Access To Clean Energy For Rural Productive Uses”
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India, is implementing aMNRE – UNDP/GEF Project on “Scale Up of Access to Clean Energy for Rural Productive Uses”.The project aims at enhancing access to reliable and affordable renewable energy services forrural livelihoods in selected districts (Annexure – II) of each of the three states Assam, Orissa and Madhya Pradesh.. MNRE invites proposals from Implementing Agencies1/ Micro Entrepreneurs fordevelopment and implementation of renewable energy based technology projects for rurallivelihoods in the districts listed at Annexure – II.
The aim of the Project is to support techno economic viability of renewable energy technology projects for productive applications in rural livelihoods; standardize the technology packages for future applications; create awareness and capacity building activities on renewable energy systems and after sales services network.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Agencies need to prepare the technical proposals along with the details of the pilot projects to be implemented in the attached format. The selected Agencies will be designated as Cluster Level Implementing Agencies (CLIA) and has to work under the supervision of PMU-MNRE /SNA to implement the pilot projects on Renewable Energy technology.
Roles and Responsibilities of CLIA:
- Carry out survey/field work in selected cluster as part of pre-feasible assessment to implement the projects.
- Carry-out sufficient awareness campaign among the beneficiaries/end users/target groups prior to initiating the project activities.
- Identify or Short-list technology/ equipment and service suppliers for the Project activity.
- Facilitate and supervise the implementation and execution of projects.
- Coordinate the training of beneficiaries in proper and optimal utilization of the technology. The training will be carried out by the technology supplier/technical expert.
- Provide hand-holding support to the user/beneficiary after the installation of the technologies. It will also ensure that proper after-sales and servicing support is made available to the end user/ beneficiary.
- Coordinate operation and maintenance, carry out performance monitoring and evaluation of projects. Monthly progress reports should be submitted to SNA after implementation.
- Documentation of experience and lessons of pilot projects.
The following are eligible to apply
- The Agency should be a registered NGO/Trust/Academic or Research Institute of repute/Government based agencies/ private entrepreneurs / social entrepreneurs/ micro entrepreneurs.
- Should have experience in the development/implementation of renewable energy and/or rural livelihood projects during the past; Preference will be given for the Agencies having work experience and office in Identified State.
- Should have excellent planning and organizational skills and ability to deliver services in tight deadlines.
- The project team should have at least one responsible and dedicated person to supervise and coordinate the projects. reference will be given to the Agencies proposing a minimum of 5 projects.
The Agency needs to provide the implementation schedule and time line for execution of pilot project.
Evaluation of Technical Proposals:
- An Evaluation Committee will be constituted by the MNRE and SNA to evaluate the Technical Proposals. The broad criteria proposed to be followed for evaluation are as under –
- No of proposals submitted (Minimum 5 proposals are expected). rganization Strength and past experience of the agency. ast experience in the region they are applying.
- Techno-economic potential of the proposed project.
- Socio-economic impact of the proposed project.
- Financial support up to 65% of the project cost subject to a maximum of Rs 25 lakhs per project will be provided as grant for setting up pilot projects in instalments.
- The ownership of the systems provided under the Project shall remain with agency/ beneficiaries whoever contributes the balance 35%/ actual of the project cost.
- Financial support of Rs 25,000/- per project will be provided to the selected agency towards fee for project development/ DPR to be released in 3 (three) instalments – a) Rs 10,000/- along with the sanction letter, b) Rs 10,000/- on submission of draft report along with system/ plant specifications, economic analysis and firm commitment for balance 35% of project cost towards beneficiary contribution/ other sources including loan frm Banks/ FIs etc and c) Rs 5,000/- on submission and acceptance of final report.
- Financial support up to 100% for soft activities such as training programs, workshops/seminars etc. related to the projects will be provided from time to time through SNAs.
Applying Agencies should strictly follow the instructions mentioned below:
i) Submit their proposals at the respective State Nodal Agencies where they want to implement projects and a duplicate copy of the same should be sent to the MNRE. In case an Agency is applying for projects in more than one state, relevant proposals should be submitted to the respective State Nodal Agencies and duplicate copies of the same to the MNRE. The duplicate copies of State-wise proposals Complete in all respects including Part A and Part B should be sent to MNRE.
ii) The proposals should be page numbered and indexed (for Sections A, B, C and all relevant documents), and Cover Page should have name of the state, titles of the projects along with the name of districts.
iii) The proposals should be spiral bind and be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marking: Proposal for MNRE-UNDP/GEF Project on Scale Up of Access to Clean Energy for Rural Productive Uses, and the Name and Complete address of the Applying Agency.
MNRE: National Project Coordinator, Project Management Unit (PMU), Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Block-14, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110003, Tele-Fax: 011-24369788,
For more information please visit the Link