From 1st January 2018 to 15th February 2018 is the open call for the presentation of joint research projects between Indian and Iranian groups, in the framework of the agreed minutes of the Indo-Iran Joint Committee Meeting on Science and Technology of Cooperation between the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology of the Indian Republic and the Centre for International Scientific Cooperation (CISC), Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (MSRT)of the Islamic Republic of Iran, taking as a base of the General Agreement of 2003 on Scientific and Technical Cooperation between Indi an and Iranian Governments.
To strengthen and to expand relations between both scientific communities, making possible the exchanges between Indian and Iranian research groups, in the framework of joint scientific and technological projects, selected by the parties.
Promote implementation of joint projects able to bind R&D centres with enterprises from both countries.
Project Participants and Subject Areas:
Scientists/Faculty Members working in regular capacity in Government recognized Universities/Deemed Universities, Academic Institutes and National Research & Development Laboratories/ Institutes can apply as Principal Investigator (PI). The Indian PI should not be retiring during the proposed duration of the project. In order to qualify for such funding, investigators are required to have a concrete and sound research proposal on any of the following areas: The priority areas for this Call mutually agreed are as given below:
1. Biotechnology and Human Health (focusing improvement in crop productivity, transgenic crops, microbial biotechnology with emphasis on cellulosic biofuel and microbial diversity and bio prospecting; Molecular Medicine focussing research on stem cell, cancer, tropical and infectious diseases; and Animal Biotechnology (reproductive and nutrition)
2. Water resources management
Selection Of Projects:
Proposals will undergo a quality evaluation taking into account the following criteria:
- Project (creativity and originality, importance of objectives and expected results, coherence between objectives, methodology and work plan)
- Research Group (capacity and scientific and technological competence of the research group, human resources training, criticality of the cooperation in terms of human resources training)
- 3. Cooperation (relevance and opportunity of the missions, desirability of cooperation and background of cooperation)
The assessment of relevance will take into account:
- The overall priorities of the DST and CISC.
- The training plan targeting young researchers specified in the project.
- The incorporation of new groups in the cooperation program (priority will be awarded to the proposals that had not received previous funding)
Programme is open to scientists, engineers, institutions engaged in advanced research in the above referred areas in India and Iran. Joint project proposal may be submitted simultaneously by the Indian researchers to DST and by the Iranian partners to MSRT i.e. CISC in the prescribed proforma annexed herewith (Annex I). Unilaterally submitted projects shall not be considered. The project proposal must include one Principal Investigator (PI) and a Co-PI each in India and Iran. The PIs/Co-PIshave the main responsibility for scientific and financial reporting which must be done annually before the next disbursement of funding. They are also responsible for the technical as well as administrative co-ordination of the project. The project duration would be of 2 years. The Principal Investigator (PI) andother investigators in India and Iran should be Scientists/faculty members working in regular capacity inGovernment recognized Universities/ Deemed Universities, Academic Institutes and National Research & Development Laboratories/ Institutes. The Indian PI should not be retiring during the proposed duration of the project.
Components of Grant:
- The Iranian Scientists visiting India shall be paid per diem amount INR 2,000 per day in case of short term visit (up to 21 days), and INR 50,000/- calculated on per month basis in case of long term visits (more than 21 days). These amounts will cover expenses related to local transport and out of pocket allowance
- Free furnished accommodation in Guest House/Hotel with reasonable amenities
- In country transport from Capital city/arrival city to the visiting institute by appropriate means, and
- Pickup from and dropping facility at the airport to all visiting researchers
Joint research projects in the prescribed format duly forwarded by the respective Heads of the Institutions are to be submitted simultaneously, by the Indian Project Investigator to the Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi, and by the Iranian Project Leader to theMinistry of Science, Research and Technology (MSRT). Applications received by both the agencies with all necessary documents shall only be considered.
Indian PIs will submit 5 hard copies (including 1 original) and in PDF format the project proposal in prescribed format to DST and Iranian PIs will submit 5 hard copies of the proposal (including 1 original and in PDF format) to CISC at their respective addresses indicated as under: Indian side:
Dr. Jagdish Chander
Scientist – G/Adviser, International
Cooperation, Department of Science &
Technology, Technology Bhavan
New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi – 110 016
Applications received after closing date i.e. 15th February 2018 will not be considered.
For more information please check the Link