Applications are open for Chevening Research Science and Innovation Leadership Fellowship with an aim to mid-career professionals with very high potential in the fields of science, innovation, and business from India and Sri Lanka.
The programme is funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
The main academic strands of the CRISP Fellowship include science, innovation, leadership and management, as well as wider issues including global challenges, politics, and international relations. The modules aim to:
- Develop an understanding of the UK science field and a range of innovation management processes
- Explore the interactions between research, innovation, and economic development
- Research and present a business plan based on individual interests and experience
- Visit a wide range of UK institutions, research institutes, and businesses, and start building professional networks
- Take part in a varied cultural programme, and explore potential insights from the arts to the working environment
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from India or Sri Lanka to the UK
- To be eligible for a Chevening CRISP Fellowship, applicant must:
- Be a citizen of India or Sri Lanka and currently live in the country. Applicant must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least seven years’ work experience prior to applying.
- Have significant experience as:
- Executives of service companies, manufacturing businesses, or state-owned companies
- Entrepreneurs and individuals who serve and fund the entrepreneurial community
- Research scientists
- Academics and public sector employees
- Have demonstrable commitment to innovation, and the experience and aptitude to contribute to the programme.
- Have an excellent academic background in science, engineering or technology, or considerable experience of working in such fields and good working knowledge of English (to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor)
- A postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the fellowship.
For more information, please visit Chevening Research Science and Innovation Leadership Fellowship.