Applications are open for the 2018 SEED Low Carbon Awards.
Up to five SEED Low Carbon Awards in Colombia, India, Tanzania, Thailand and Uganda are sponsored by the International Climate Initiative (ICI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB).
The SEED Awards for Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Development is an annual awards scheme designed to find the most promising, innovative and locally led start-up eco-inclusive enterprises in countries with developing and emerging economies.
The components of the SEED Support are:
- Capacity Building: tailored one-on-one advisory service that offers Winners assistance with their business and financial plan, including a 3-day Business Planning Workshop and three month support from a local expert advisor.
- Tools: self-help tools that enable enterprises prioritise and address their most urgent needs, for example by assisting with market analysis, developing a funding strategy, mapping stakeholder relationships or measuring impact.
- Profiling: SEED Winners are profiled nationally and regionally through a high-level Awards Ceremony as well as internationally through SEED marketing and promotional activities such as their website, blog and social media channels.
- Network Building: SEED facilitates connections with valuable contacts to support organisations, such as with funders, policy-makers, and other enterprises such as SEED Alumni, and SEED Partners and Associates.
Financing: Financial contribution of USD 5,000 to cover the enterprise’s most pressing needs, as set out in a support plan agreed between the winner and SEED.
SEED Award Winners must:
- demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation
- deliver economic, social and environmental benefits
- have the intention and potential to become financially sustainable
- be a partnership between different stakeholder groups
- be locally-driven or locally-led
- have potential for scale up or significant replication
- be in the early stages of implementation
- meet country-specific requirements
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: Colombia, India, Tanzania, Thailand and Uganda
For more information, please visit SEED Low Carbon Awards.