Blocks (Taluks) in the states of Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Puducherry Rajasthan, Telangana and Uttarakhand.
The Fellowship is a 1 year full-time Programme beginning March 2019. Building on the experiences and learning of the past six fellowship batches, the programme has been redesigned into this 1 year format. The programme is for people who have done exceptional work in their field and are now interested in improving teaching learning in government schools. The programme involves teaching at a government school to develop a deep understanding of the public education system.
After successful completion of the programme, Fellows who wish to build their career in the social sector will take on the role of a teacher educator. In this role, they will help teachers teach better and children learn better.
Responsibilities of a Fellow during the 1- year:
The Programme provides opportunities to build understanding on how change in education can happen.
- Hands-on teaching experience for 150 days at a Government school in the block of a district
- Understand the ecosystem of a school, engaging with the teachers, community and education functionaries
- Explore issues of education through reading, writing and dialoging with colleagues
- Get mentored by experienced members of the Foundation
Qualification and Experience:The programme is for people who have done exceptional work in their field and are now interested in improving teaching learning in government schools.
- 4 to 10 years of rich work experience. Candidates with excellent academic and professional track record are encouraged to apply
- A regular post-graduate degree (e.g. M.B.A, M.Sc., M.A) or a professional degree (e.g. B.Tech, B.E, LLB, CA)
- Proficiency in English and any one of the local languages (Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu)
- Maximum age for applying is 35 years
Exception on work experience criteria can be made for candidates who have studied in premier institutes
About the Organization:
Azim Premji Foundation
is a not-for-profit organization that is working towards making deep, large scale and institutionalized impact on the quality
of education in India,
along with related development areas. We believe that any large-scale educational change requires significant and sustained effort over decades and can be achieved through working at multiple levels with a multi-pronged approach. Today, we work in 6 states and 1 Union Territory with a potential to reach over 3,50,000 schools. To know more about us, please visit www.azimpremjifoundation.org