APWLD will partner and support eight to ten organisations that will build a women’s movement around a community-driven Womanifesto or women’s agenda that articulates the aspirations of the citizens at the grassroots. In particular, partners will develop women’s political agenda, engage in and influence electoral politics, hold the elected representatives responsive and accountable to Womenifestoes, and increase the democratic participation of women from the grassroots in the political processes of their country.
This project will be coordinated by the Women in Power (WiP) programme for 2018-2019.
APWLD will provide each partner organisation with a small sub-grant between USD 12,000-USD 15,000 to support the employment of a dedicated community organiser to carry out the project for 15 months.
Applicants must be non-governmental and non-profit women’s rights and feminist organisations in the AsiaPacific region who meet the following criteria:
- Commitment to the enjoyment and realisation of women’s human rights and fundamental freedoms, particularly of the most marginalised (e.g. rural, indigenous, migrant, urban poor women);
- Commitment to strengthen feminist, participatory democracy through increased organising of women into new movements that articulate their political aspirations;
- Programme/work focus or experience with organising women and their communities to strengthen their democratic political participation, whether in electoral politics or otherwise;
- Commitment to feminist participatory methodologies that increase democratic participation and leadership of women at the grassroots;
- Capacity and commitment to complete the Womanifesto project for 15-18 months, including attending three regional trainings/workshops;
- Able to provide a dedicated community organiser for the project to establish a Womanifesto;
- Can maintain regular online communication with APWLD Secretariat and be able to participate online trainings.
As one of the objectives of this programme is to support and strengthen grassroots movement building and has a bottom-up approach to deepen democracy, this programme is not suitable for international or regional NGOs and organisations with established funding support.
How to Apply
Please download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Wallis and Futuna.
For more information, please visit APWLD Call for Applications.