The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) is seeking applications for its “4th Youth Leadership Workshop on Global Citizenship Education (GCED)” from 20 to 26 May 2018 in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7, and to carry out innovative initiatives on fostering global citizenship through advocacy. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
- To deepen youth leaders’ understanding of global citizenship and enhance their advocacy skills
- To provide a forum for participating youth leaders to discuss and establish action plans suitable for the implementation of GCED at local, national, and regional levels
- To identify innovative youth-led initiatives on GCED in different regions
- Youth participants’ capacity enhanced in implementing GCED at local and global levels
- Increased commitment of the youth participants in fostering global citizenship
- Action plans developed by sub-groups for the implementation of follow-up activities
- Announcement of the vision statement of GCED Youth Network
- A set of actions of GCED Youth Network established for its future activity
Participants will be selected on the basis of their previous experiences, present engagement and future commitment in educating and engaging with youth for the promotion of global citizenship at the local and national levels. Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Between 18 and 24 years of age
- Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries
- Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities
- Knowledgeable in GCED related issues and priorities
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Youth Leadership Workshop.