Applications are now open for SBI Youth for India Fellowship to assist applicants for transition into a rural environment, assess the ground realities and identify a project which combines your interests, the strengths of the partner NGO and the needs of the community.
Short-listed candidates will be called for interview rounds held across major cities in India.
Recognized as the flagship program of SBI Foundation, it is a 13-month long fellowship that enables nation’s youth to work on rural development projects in partnership with experieced NGOs. The fellowship provides a framework for India’s best minds to join hands with rural communities, emphathise with their struggles and connect with their aspirations.
The Program seeks to help India secure an equitable and sustainable growth path by:
- Providing educated and passionate urban Indian youth with an opportunity to touch lives and create positive change at the grass root level in rural india
- Providing NGOs working on development projects in rural India with educated manpower whose skill sets can be used to catalyze rural development.
- Promoting a forum for the Program alumni to share ideas and contribute to rural development throughout their professional life.
- Service to the Community
The SBI Youth for India fellows work on diverse projects in 12 broad thematic program areas, which cover the entire gamut of rural development.
- Environmental Protection
- Food Security
- Rural Livelihood
- Traditional Crafts
- Women’s Empowerment
- Self Governance
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Stipend: Rs 15,000/- to meet living expenses
- Local Transport Allowance: Rs 1,000/- per month
- A Readjustment Allowance of Rs. 30,000/- upon successful completion of the Fellowship
- To and fro travel costs of the Fellows from his/her place of residence to project location as well as for training programmes
- Medical Insurance
- Mentorship by experienced professionals in the field
- Access to the Community through well-established Partner NGOs
- Linkages with premier organizations of the country
- Young Professionals or Fresh Graduates
- Age 21-32 (as on date of commencement of programme)
- Indian citizen
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: India
For more information, please visit SBI Youth for India.