Applications are open for the National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition (NBEC) 2018, a nationwide competition inviting path breaking revolutionary and scalable business ideas in the life sciences domain spanning:
- Healthcare including drug discovery and development, vaccines, regenerative medicine, diagnostics, medical devices, digital health, healthcare IT.
- Agri-biotech including food and nutraceuticals, soil health, and plant based therapeutics
- Animal health
- Industrial biotech including clean and renewable energy, water, and waste management
The National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition is organised by BREC – a joint entrepreneurship development centre of BIRAC and C-CAMP.
- Total investment opportunity up to USD $200,000 for the winners
- Cash prizes totaling INR 38 lakh in various categories
- Winners eligible for AWS Activate programme worth USD $25,000 Activate Credits
- Mentorship by industry experts and investors
- Visibility and recognition to catapult winners on the national platform
- Aspiring entrepreneurs, biotech companies, and start-ups
- Applicant should be a citizen of India
- If the applicant is a company, the company should be registered in india and majority ownership should be Indian
- Idea should have a deep science based biotech element/component
- Biotech includes: healthcare including drug discovery and development, vaccines, regenerative medicine, diagnostics, medical devices, digital health, healthcare IT; agri-biotech including food and nutraceuticals, soil health, plant based therapeutics; animal health; industrial biotech including clean and renewable energy, water, and waste management
Eligible Country: India
For more information, please visit NBEC 2018.