Applications are open for 2018 Momentum for Change Lighthouse Activities which is spearheaded by the United Nations Climate Change Secretariat, Momentum for Change shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
If you’re leading a results-driven project that is successfully addressing climate change, United Nations Climate Change Secretariat wants to hear from you!
A representative from applicant’s activity will be invited to attend the Momentum for Change events at the United Nations Climate Change conference in Katowice, Poland, in December 2018.
If applicant’s institution has successfully implemented a project, initiative, program or other activity that addresses climate change mitigation or adaptation while focusing on one of the five areas outlined below, they would like to hear about it.
The 2018 call for applications includes the following four areas of focus:
- Women for Results, recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change;
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment, recognizing successful financial innovations for climate change adaption and mitigation;
- Planetary Health, recognizing novel solutions that balance the need for both human health and a healthy planet;
- Climate Neutral Now, recognizing efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality;
Selected activities under each area of focus will be recognised as Momentum for Change Lighthouse Activities and showcased at a series of special events during the United Nations Climate Change Conference this December in Katowice, Poland. Additionally, applicant’s Lighthouse Activity will be highlighted through various media channels, providing a unique chance to gain international visibility and recognition.
- Engagement with policy makers
- Recognition by the UNFCCC secretariat;
- Attendance to UN Climate Change Conferences;
- Opportunities to present work to policy makers during the UN Climate Change Conferences.
- Public relations support
- Concentrated media engagement effort prior to and during the UN Climate Change Conferences, including placement of opinion pieces and earned media;
- On-going digital campaign, including social media, email marketing and promotion on UNFCCC website.
- Marketing support
- Promotional videos;
- Dedicated webpage on the UNFCCC website;
- Interactive annual reports;
- Professional photography.
- Organizations, communities, cities, businesses, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized as a 2018 Lighthouse Activity.
- Applicant’s activity must meet the eligibility criteria for its respective area of focus. Please note that each of the four areas of focus has its own criteria. In order to meet the basic eligibility criteria, the activity must:
- Address climate change mitigation or adaptation;
- Be already implemented, or in the course of implementation;
- Be scaleable and/or replicable with potential for long-term impact;
- Be innovative and/or demonstrate potential for long-term transformational change;
- Deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits;
- Not be registered or have intentions to register as a clean development mechanism (CDM) or joint implementation (JI) initiative in the next two years.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, visit https://momentum.unfccc.int/