AmplifyChange invites non-profit/non-governmental organisations from the eligible countries for its Strengthening grants to support project that seeks to engage and contribute to bringing about change in one or more of the priority themes of AmplifyChange.
A Strengthening grant is available for up to two years to support a particular, usually time-limited, project that seeks to engage and contribute to bringing about change in one or more of the priority themes of AmplifyChange.
Strengthening Grants are intended to support small to medium civil society organisations, partnerships and coalitions who are operating at the local, community, district or national level. Strengthening grants are also intended to help strengthen the capacity of groups to implement projects that aim to pursue or help secure specific change. Support is provided to the groups who represent communities at local levels to advocate for change, and working to build stronger, more inclusive, and representative SRHR movements, and to advance SRHR for women, men and young people, particularly in marginalised populations.
Grant Size & Duration
The Strengthening grant size can be between EUR 40,000 – EUR 100,000 and the duration can be between 6 to 24 months.
Your project must respond to one or more of the Amplify Change thematic areas which are:
- Gender-based violence, including sexual violence and female genital mutilation.
- Access to comprehensive reproductive health services for socially and economically marginalised and vulnerable people.
- Addressing the causes of unsafe abortion including criminalisation of abortion and lack of availability of and access to comprehensive abortion care services.
- Sexual health of young people and girls, including through comprehensive sexuality education and ending child, early and forced marriage.
- Challenging stigma, discrimination, attitudes and laws that undermine human rights, including on grounds of gender identity or sexual orientation, particularly LGBTI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex) individuals.
- Applicants can be community groups, non-governmental organisations, indigenous groups, charitable organisations, faith based organisations, research institutes, social enterprise groups, public-private partnerships, communications and media groups and professional associations registered in India.
- The project must be implemented in India only.
- The applicant organisation must have a bank account.
- Applicant’s project must respond to one or more of the Amplify Change thematic areas mentioned above.
- Applicants can also apply in coalition. If you are applying as part of a coalition you should identify a lead or coordinating applicant organisation to complete the application.
- There is a two-stage process for the Strengthening Grant application:
- Submission of a concept note
- Submission of a full application (if invited by AmplifyChange after the concept note screening)
- Applicants can submit their applications online through the website.
For more information about these grants, please visit Amplifychange.