About Infosys Foundation–
Infosys is committed to the communities in which it operates. This has led to the creation of Infosys Foundation to support the underprivileged sections of society. A not-for-profit initiative aimed at fulfilling the social responsibility of Infosys Ltd., the Infosys Foundation creates opportunities and strives towards a more equitable society.
Established in 1996, the Infosys Foundation supports programs in the areas of education, rural development, healthcare, arts and culture, and destitute care. Its mission is to work in remote regions of several states in India.
The Infosys Foundation takes pride in working with all sections of society, selecting projects with infinite care, and working in areas that traditionally overlooked by society at large.
Innovation, from the heart
When you think of innovation, what comes to your mind? The latest smartphone? An intelligent speaker that you can summon to switch on a light bulb? A self-driving car? We often associate innovation with sophisticated labs, startup huddle rooms or educated individuals. But can innovation also happen far away from our cities, with little or no equipment, by an ordinary person with limited education but with a brilliant and empathetic mind looking to solve a real problem?
Aarohan Social Innovation Awards will recognize and reward social innovations in the following categories:
- Education & Sports
- Rural Development
- Women safety and empowerment
- Destitute care
A qualified panel of judges will evaluate all eligible entries based on the following criteria:
Application to a real world problem or need
- Does your project have a clear target market or audience?
- Does your project address a clear need, problem, or opportunity?
- Does your project have commercial viability?
Innovative use of technology
If there are similar products or services on the market, does your project clearly and meaningfully innovate beyond those existing products or services?
- Does your project include innovations in technical design and/or implementation?
- Is your project technologically viable?
- Is your project a fully functioning prototype, and not just a concept, idea or mock up?
Originality of idea and ease of use
Does your project present a new and meaningfully improved way of solving a real-world problem?
- Is your project unique and not a derivative of other ideas?
- Is your project presented in a fresh and innovative way?
- Is your project or prototype user-friendly, simple and intuitive to use?
Quality of submission
- How clear and precise is your entry?
- Does the entry present your project concisely and efficiently?
- Is your project’s purpose and basic functionality easily understood?
- Does your project express a positive tone or personality?
Contest opens for nominations 15-10-2018
Contest ends 31-12-2018
This contest is open only to legal residents of India.
Rewards of up to INR 50 lakh will be given to the top three entries.