The Asia Foundation is accepting applications for its Development Fellows Program in order to enhance leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure for Asian professionals.
The program reflects the Foundation’s six-decade tradition of investing in the region’s most promising future leaders. The 2019 program will consist of two intensive modules, including two weeks in Asia and another two weeks in the United States, allowing Fellows to stay in their current occupations during the Fellowship year.
- Leadership Training Program
- Workshop on Asian Development
- Leadership Dialogue and Exchange
- Professional Development Award
A flexible small grant award of US $5,000 provided.
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by January 1, 2019;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries (mentioned below).
For more information, please visit Development Fellows Program.